Curriculum Development at VCC
Support with Curriculum Development
The CTLR provides support to departments, programs, and faculty in the design, and development, and revision of programs and courses. An Instructional Associate (IA) can also guide you through the governance approval process as outlined in the Curriculum Development and Approval Process Policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support with the development/revisions of your program and/or course curriculum materials and going through the governance process.
Curriculum Development Policies
These policies and procedures support and guide curriculum development at VCC:
- Policy C.3.14 Curriculum Development and Approval
- Policy C.1.4 Assignment of Credits to Courses
- Policy C.1.3 Granting of Credentials Procedures
- Policy C.3.1 Program Advisory Committees
- Policy C.3.2 Program Review and Renewal
- Policy C.3.10 Affiliation Agreements
- Policy D.3.6 Admissions
- Policy D.3.6.1 Flexible Admissions
Overview of Curriculum Development Governance Process
The process for governance approval is determined by the type of curriculum development:
- New program development process: Curriculum Approval Flow Chart: New Programs, Feb 2018
- New course development process: Curriculum Approval Flow Chart: New Courses, Feb 2018
- Changes to existing courses or programs: Curriculum Approval Flow Chart: Revisions to Existing, Feb 2018
- Refer to the Curriculum Approval Time Frame for exact submission dates.
Note that submissions received past the required due date may be deferred to the following month.
The CTLR provides development template documents as tools to help curriculum developers and Department Leaders draft the information required for the development of new curriculum, and the revision of existing curriculum.
Once your templates are ready, you can move ahead to create your CD documents in VCC's CourseLeaf system.
Email an Instructional Associate at email@example.com