Supporting instructional development and best practices since 2007.
Since its inception, our centre has focused on developing expertise and college-wide best practices in a variety of areas.
Here are some milestones:
- 2007: The Centre for Instructional Development (CID) was established at VCC in November of 2007.
- 2007: CID began supporting the Moodle LMS and other educational technologies (documentation, course templates, QA models, and best practices in online design).
- 2008: Standardized college-wide processes for Program Renewal.
- 2009: CID established its office at the VCC Downtown campus.
- 2009: Standardized forms and processes for Curriculum Development. Moodle Support was enhanced by a full-time Distributed Learning Support Technician.
- 2010: Enhanced Instructional Development with workshops for New Faculty Orientation, Proposal Writing, and Program Review.
- 2011: Improved the Study of Teaching & Learning by developing research and ethical conduct policies aligning with TCPS-2. The Centre also hired a Moodle Media Developer to help faculty publish course material in Moodle.
- 2012: Supported development of College policies and new CD processes.
- 2013: CID began managing VCC's Moodle support using an online ticketing system and knowledgebase.
- 2015 - 2017: CID increased its number of full-time Instructional Associates, and supported college-wide workshops and conferences related to open educational resources, research, institutional learning outcomes, and educational technology (within VCC and across the province via ETUG).
- 2017: The "Distributed Learning Support" team changed its name to "eLearning Support".
- 2018: The centre changed its name to "The Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Research (CTLR)".